Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hen on track again, new protocol




Yes, luckily the Lupron drama is over. I was supposed to use a Microdose Lupron Protocol for the IVF-treatment. This protocol is only used in a few clinics in the US. While Lupron is sold at every pharmacy, the Microdose Lupron is just available in a few pharmacies that does this mix as a special mission... In Europe its not for sale at all. So not the smartest choice of protocol. To solve this problem my RE in Trondheim and our dr.Campbell in Minneapolis finally agreed that switching to another much more common protocol would be the best solution. I will be on the ANTAGONIST protocol, with no Lupron of any kind at all.

Tha da; there we got rid of the lack of meds-problem and there is no problem with the time frame either. So it all worked out just fine in the end. I have also heard that many women without uterus is very happy with the outcome of this Antagonist protocol.

So its all back on track. After all this cycle-rescuing work I did celebrate with a warm bath last night and also a glas of cold white wine. Even if I have given myself a ban of alcohol in this egg-making period, I believe that glas made me and all potential eggs very good :)

Have a great weekend! All the best from the IM Hanne

1 comment: