Sunday, May 8, 2011

From the Minnesota Mom

to the Norwegian Mom!

So much joy I feel today, I forget about all the pain.
A title I longed to have...she offered to help me gain.
You see, I became a mother in a not so usual way,
At the loving hands of someone else, I celebrate today.

I am now called Mother, because she made it so;
She sacrificed her womb for me, and let my baby grow.
Now cards and flowers are mine, and happy wishes too;
She gave herself unselfishly, and made my dreams come true

She too is a mother, on this very special day
Though no longer in her womb does my baby lay,
But forever in her heart remains a love so strong and pure
And as I enjoy this glorious day, I remember I'm a mom because of her.

-Author unknown


Happy Mothers' Day, Hanne!

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful Julie! I will print this poem with the picture and put it in a frame. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete