Tuesday, October 19, 2010

OB Update - 18 week

Met with Dr. E today over my lunch hour. She called us "frequent flyers" as we walked past her at the desk. JP joined me (such a nice thing to do together for our anniversary, yes?).

We said HELLO from Norway... talked a little about scheduling (and her not taking vacation between weeks 38-40), and JP asked the questions he wanted to about my personal health & safety. My BP was good at 116/70 and baby's heartbeat was sweet and strong at 153!

Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.

We picked up some white sweet potatoes at the Farmers Market this past Sunday - possibly the funniest looking vegetable I've ever seen.  It was interesting to reference this week's baby growth against them, however.  Don't worry...   I'm sure that Baby K will be much better looking!!

I am feeling a little movement now and again, mostly in the evenings or when I sit still...  won't be long before that movement is constant and visible from the outside!


Next stop...  ultrasound and gender reveal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment