Plowing through the nausea and into the second trimester, I had a check-up yesterday with the OB's office. Because I had to change my appointment due to the day's busy schedule, I ended up seeing the nurse again for this visit. Love her too, so not concerned about not being able to see Dr. E yet.She joked again about how thick my file is... apparently it's the "door stop" used in the office. Okay, well, not really, but they are going electronic and it's a toss up (true discussion) on who gets the pleasure of retyping my file. LOL! I actually think it's scanned in, but what did they expect it to look like after 20 years of going to the same office and six pregnancies later? The photo doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.
After a little "catch up" discussion, we took to the table and tried to use the fetal monitor to find Baby K's heartbeat. No such luck. Baby is still tucked away under the pelvic area at this stage. We walked quickly across the hall (bonus: got to see baby's head) and asked the u/s tech do the work for us... there s/he was ~ wiggling about ~ making it difficult to pin down, but in no time at all, we heard the strong 156 HB! Another active baby ahead? I think so!The next appointment is another routine check-up. I am scheduled to see Dr. E at that time, so if neither of our schedules change, it will be the first time I've seen her since I said "see you in the fall". It will be good to catch up and maybe even get a picture of the two of us for this final journey's scrapbook.
So after this quick appointment in the morning, I was on my way to the other activities of the day. I managed to spend most of the day outside in the beautiful autumn weather of Minnesota. The morning was spent at a local park for a team-building activity and picnic for work. The evening ended with a tour of Target Field and a baseball game for the Foremans +1. Oh, and I think if I continue to wear more fitting clothing (as evidenced below), I will have to fess up at work next week! That, or let them think that my gluttony for food and a good beer has gotten the better of me. [evil grin]
Happy Week 14!!
.jpg)
I had lost the link to this site- so I wasn't able to keep up with you chica! WOW!! So great!! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL!!!
ReplyDelete